Latest News:

A government lawyer acknowledged Monday that the Trump administration will miss its first court-imposed deadline to reunite about 100 immigrant children under age 5 with their parents. Department of Justice attorney Sarah Fabian said during a court hearing that federal authorities reunited two families and expect to reunite an additional 59 by Tuesday’s deadline. She said the other cases are more complicated, including parents who have been deported or are in prison facing criminal charges, and would require more time to complete reunions. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, who ordered the administration to reunite families separated as part of President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy, said he will hold another hearing Tuesday morning to get an update on the remaining cases. He said he was encouraged to see “real progress” in the complicated reunification process after a busy weekend when officials from multiple federal agencies tried to sync up parents and children who are spread across the country. STORY FROM LENDINGTREE Crush your mortgage interest with a 15 yr fixed “Tomorrow is the deadline. I do recognize that there are some groups of parents who are going to fall into a category where it’s impossible to reunite by tomorrow,” he said. “I am very encouraged by the progress. I’m optimistic.” Lee Gelernt, an American Civil Liberties Union attorney who leads a lawsuit against the federal government, sounded more skeptical. When asked by the judge if he believed the government was in full compliance of the court order, Gelernt said there was much more work to be done. “Let me put it this way: I think the government in the last 48 hours has taken significant steps,” he said. “We just don’t know how much effort the government has made to find released parents. I don’t think there’s been full compliance.” U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. (Photo: U.S. District Court) The difficulty in reuniting the first 100 children shows the challenge that lies ahead as the Trump administration braces for another deadline in two weeks to reunite nearly 3,000 older children – up to age 17 – with their parents. The process is complicated because of all the different situations that emerged over the weekend. The government initially identified 102 children under age 5 who needed to be reunited but removed three children from that list because investigations into their cases revealed that those children came with adults who were not their parents, Fabian said. Twelve parents were found to be in federal and state custody on criminal charges, making a reunification impossible since the government can’t transfer minors to state and local prisons to protect the well-being of the child. Nine parents were deported, and the government established contact with only four of them, Fabian said. Four children had been scheduled to be released from government custody to relatives who weren’t their parents, leading the government to question whether to allow that process to be completed or to redirect the child back to a parent. Gelernt said he understood many of the hurdles but urged the judge to force the government to scrap its time-consuming investigation into every single case and start a 48-hour clock to reunify families that remain separated by Tuesday. Sabraw said he would decide that during Tuesday’s hearing. Fabian said one of the silver linings of the busy weekend is that her office worked closely with its challengers at the ACLU to share information on each child’s case, to ensure that representatives from immigration advocacy groups and volunteer organizations could be present during each reunification. Gelernt said they’re doing that to help the parents, who are often released from custody with no money and nowhere to go. Fabian said that coordination has led to a more formalized process between government agencies and with the immigrants’ lawyers that should make reunifications go more smoothly in the coming weeks. “I think this process over the weekend helped us see what information, and in what form, is the most useful to share,” she said. “I’d like to make that as efficient a process as possible.” -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Trump denies US opposition to WHO breastfeeding resolution -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Mwen se moun nan Panyòl -

Monday, July 9, 2018

ZILE PAM NAN -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Havana plane crash leaves more than 100 dead -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr bloc wins Iraq elections -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott: ‘We need to do more than just pray for the victims and their families’ -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Donald Trump says he will meet North Korea’s Kim Jong Un on June 12 in Singapore -

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Trump tells FBI: ‘I have your back 100%’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Mueller requests emails from Trump campaign data firm: report -

Friday, December 15, 2017

GOP changes child tax credit in bid to win Rubio’s vote -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Trump Jr. is berated for tweet about ‘Obama’s FCC’ chair, net ‘neutality’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry on 19 May 2018 -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Walt Disney buys Murdoch’s Fox for $52.4bn -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Roy Moore says Alabama election ‘tainted’ by outside groups -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Eric Holder warns GOP: ‘Any attempt to remove Bob Mueller will not be tolerated’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Former British prime minister: Trump attacks on press are ‘dangerous’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

China says war must not be allowed on Korean peninsula -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Megyn Kelly left Fox News in part due to O’Reilly: report -

Saturday, April 15, 2017

North Korea warns against U.S. ‘hysteria’ as it marks founder’s birth -

Friday, April 14, 2017

Heavy gunfire heard in Libya’s capital Tripoli

(Reuters) – Heavy shooting from guns and anti-aircraft weapons erupted early on Tuesday in the Libyan capital Tripoli, Reuters witnesses said. The fighting occurred between militias in the eastern Suq al-Juma area, said a militia source with government ties, adding that he had no further information. Reuters reporters in Tripoli could hear intermittent gunfire for three hours. A Facebook website showed what it said were two burned-out cars from the scene of the fighting, though Reuters could not verify its authenticity. An interior ministry official told Reuters he had no information about the shooting. A defense ministry official declined to comment, while…

Bologna vs Chievo Verona @ 2:45, Elche vs Villarreal @ 4:00,Rockets vs Clippers…

soccer-ball

QuestCinq.com/Spotrs Bologna vs Chievo Verona @ 2:45, Elche vs Villarreal @ 4:00,Rockets vs Clippers 2:15 PM ET FC Koln vs Union Berlin 20:15 CET 2:30 PM ET Brest vs Troyes 20:30 CET 2:30 PM ET Podbeskidzie vs Wisla Krakow 20:30 CET 2:45 PM ET Bologna vs Chievo Verona 20:45 CET 2:45 PM ET Aberdeen vs Partick Thistle 20:45 CET 4:00 PM ET Elche vs Villarreal 22:00 CET  American Football, Basket Ball + 7:00 PM ET Golden State Warriors vs Philadelphia 76ers 01:00 CET 7:00 PM ET Minnesota Timberwolves vs Cleveland Cavaliers 01:00 CET 7:30 PM ET Humboldt State vs St….

Snowden justifies leaks in ‘manifesto’

AP, Life News

William Cummings, USA TODAY The German magazine Der Spiegel published an open letter it says was written by former U.S. intelligence contractor Edward Snowden titled, A Manifesto for the Truth, in which Snowden said calls for surveillance program reforms justify his alleged decision to leak classified information. “Citizens have to fight against the suppression of information about affairs of essential importance for the public,” Snowden wrote according to a translation by Reuters. “Those who speak the truth are not committing a crime.” “Instead of causing damage, the usefulness of the new public knowledge for society is now clear because reforms…

Under Health Care Act, Millions Eligible for Free Policies

NYT

QuestCinq.com/ObamaCare Millions of people could qualify for federal subsidies that will pay the entire monthly cost of some health care plans being offered in the online marketplaces set up under President Obama’s health care law, a surprising figure that has not garnered much attention, in part because the zero-premium plans come with serious trade-offs. Three independent estimates by Wall Street analysts and a consulting firm say up to seven million people could qualify for the plans, but federal officials and insurers are reluctant to push them too hard because they are concerned about encouraging people to sign up for something…

Iran protesters hold largest anti-US rally in years

AFP, Getty

QuestCinq.com/News Tens of thousands of demonstrators packed the streets Monday outside the former U.S. Embassy in Tehran in the biggest anti-American rally in years, a show of support for hardline opponents of President Hassan Rouhani’s historic outreach to Washington. Such protests occur every year to mark the anniversary of the 1979 seizure of the embassy by following the Islamic Revolution. But the latest demonstration was the largest in years after calls by groups, including the powerful Revolutionary Guard, for a major showing. Protestors held anti-U.S. signs and shouted “Death to America,” a standard refrain that some moderate Rouhani backers have…

Promotion de la production du Cacao en Haiti!

Cacao

QuestCinq.com/Haiti L’organisation catholique CRS (Catholic Relief Services) va lancer mardi un programme de promotion de la filière cacao dans la commune de Dame-Marie (Grand’Anse) réputée pour sa qualité du produit… Le programme permettra aux planteurs de la Grand’Anse mais aussi du Nord de trouver des fonds pour renforcer leur capacité et augmenter la production du cacao. “Plus de 4000 planteurs bénéficieront de ce programme. Ils seront également mis en contact avec des acheteurs afin de garantir la vente de leur production à des coûts avantageux sur le marché international”, a indiqué à HPN une source proche de la Catholic Relief…

Egypt ex-president Morsi tells judge ‘I am president’

Morsi

QuestCinq.com/News updated Egypt’s ousted leader Mohammed Morsi has gone on trial in Cairo, telling the judge the case is illegitimate as he remains president. He and 14 other Muslim Brotherhood figures face charges of inciting the killing of protesters outside the presidential palace in 2012. After Mr Morsi’s remarks and his refusal to wear a uniform, the judge adjourned the trial until 8 January. He was then flown to Burj al-Arab prison in Alexandria, state TV said. Earlier reports had suggested that he would be taken to Tora prison on the outskirts of Cairo. Until now he had been held…

Yahoo! Status Checker by Techya