Latest News:

ZILE PAM NAN -

Friday, July 20, 2018

A government lawyer acknowledged Monday that the Trump administration will miss its first court-imposed deadline to reunite about 100 immigrant children under age 5 with their parents. Department of Justice attorney Sarah Fabian said during a court hearing that federal authorities reunited two families and expect to reunite an additional 59 by Tuesday’s deadline. She said the other cases are more complicated, including parents who have been deported or are in prison facing criminal charges, and would require more time to complete reunions. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, who ordered the administration to reunite families separated as part of President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy, said he will hold another hearing Tuesday morning to get an update on the remaining cases. He said he was encouraged to see “real progress” in the complicated reunification process after a busy weekend when officials from multiple federal agencies tried to sync up parents and children who are spread across the country. STORY FROM LENDINGTREE Crush your mortgage interest with a 15 yr fixed “Tomorrow is the deadline. I do recognize that there are some groups of parents who are going to fall into a category where it’s impossible to reunite by tomorrow,” he said. “I am very encouraged by the progress. I’m optimistic.” Lee Gelernt, an American Civil Liberties Union attorney who leads a lawsuit against the federal government, sounded more skeptical. When asked by the judge if he believed the government was in full compliance of the court order, Gelernt said there was much more work to be done. “Let me put it this way: I think the government in the last 48 hours has taken significant steps,” he said. “We just don’t know how much effort the government has made to find released parents. I don’t think there’s been full compliance.” U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. (Photo: U.S. District Court) The difficulty in reuniting the first 100 children shows the challenge that lies ahead as the Trump administration braces for another deadline in two weeks to reunite nearly 3,000 older children – up to age 17 – with their parents. The process is complicated because of all the different situations that emerged over the weekend. The government initially identified 102 children under age 5 who needed to be reunited but removed three children from that list because investigations into their cases revealed that those children came with adults who were not their parents, Fabian said. Twelve parents were found to be in federal and state custody on criminal charges, making a reunification impossible since the government can’t transfer minors to state and local prisons to protect the well-being of the child. Nine parents were deported, and the government established contact with only four of them, Fabian said. Four children had been scheduled to be released from government custody to relatives who weren’t their parents, leading the government to question whether to allow that process to be completed or to redirect the child back to a parent. Gelernt said he understood many of the hurdles but urged the judge to force the government to scrap its time-consuming investigation into every single case and start a 48-hour clock to reunify families that remain separated by Tuesday. Sabraw said he would decide that during Tuesday’s hearing. Fabian said one of the silver linings of the busy weekend is that her office worked closely with its challengers at the ACLU to share information on each child’s case, to ensure that representatives from immigration advocacy groups and volunteer organizations could be present during each reunification. Gelernt said they’re doing that to help the parents, who are often released from custody with no money and nowhere to go. Fabian said that coordination has led to a more formalized process between government agencies and with the immigrants’ lawyers that should make reunifications go more smoothly in the coming weeks. “I think this process over the weekend helped us see what information, and in what form, is the most useful to share,” she said. “I’d like to make that as efficient a process as possible.” -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Trump denies US opposition to WHO breastfeeding resolution -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Havana plane crash leaves more than 100 dead -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr bloc wins Iraq elections -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott: ‘We need to do more than just pray for the victims and their families’ -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Donald Trump says he will meet North Korea’s Kim Jong Un on June 12 in Singapore -

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Trump tells FBI: ‘I have your back 100%’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Mueller requests emails from Trump campaign data firm: report -

Friday, December 15, 2017

GOP changes child tax credit in bid to win Rubio’s vote -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Trump Jr. is berated for tweet about ‘Obama’s FCC’ chair, net ‘neutality’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry on 19 May 2018 -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Walt Disney buys Murdoch’s Fox for $52.4bn -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Roy Moore says Alabama election ‘tainted’ by outside groups -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Eric Holder warns GOP: ‘Any attempt to remove Bob Mueller will not be tolerated’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Former British prime minister: Trump attacks on press are ‘dangerous’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

China says war must not be allowed on Korean peninsula -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Megyn Kelly left Fox News in part due to O’Reilly: report -

Saturday, April 15, 2017

North Korea warns against U.S. ‘hysteria’ as it marks founder’s birth -

Friday, April 14, 2017

British spies were first to spot Trump team’s links with Russia -

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Syrie : l’enquête à charge contre les Etats-Unis après l’attaque chimique

Reuters,STRINGER

Nouvel accès de « conspirationnisme » ou scoop retentissant ? L’article de Seymour Hersh, vétéran du journalisme d’investigation américain, publié dimanche 8 décembre par la London Review of Books tend à réécrire l’histoire, déjà passablement énigmatique, de l’intervention américaine avortée en Syrie. Le journaliste qui, en 2004, avait contribué à révéler le scandale de la prison irakienne d’Abou Ghraib, accuse l’administration Obama d’avoir manipulé les informations concernant l’attaque chimique perpétrée le 21 août à la Ghouta, près de Damas, pour justifier des frappes militaires contre le régime Assad. Lire l’enquête du “Monde” au cœur de la guerre Même si Barack Obama a finalement renoncé à intervenir militairement, il a auparavant justifié sa volonté de…

Hollande et Sarkozy enfin réconciliés

Le Monde

François Hollande a invité son prédécesseur, Nicolas Sarkozy, à participer avec lui à l’hommage à Nelson Mandela qui se déroulera mardi 10 décembre en Afrique du Sud. Mais derrière cette réconciliation inattendue, à la surprise générale, les deux hommes voyageront pas ensemble mais dans deux avions différents. Source:Le Monde

Government sells last of its GM share

Paul Sancya, AP

U.S. taxpayers no longer own any of automaker General Motors. The Treasury sold the last of its remaining 31.1 million GM shares today. The taxpayer loss on the GM bailout finishes at $10.5 billion. The Treasury department said it recovered $39 billion from selling its GM stock, and had put $49.5 billion of taxpayer money into the GM bailout. The total taxpayer bailout to GM rises to $51 billion including another $1.5 billion Treasury put into programs to keep GM suppliers afloat and to make sure owners’ warranties were honored, plus some into the old GMAC finance company that’s now…

Gabby Giffords plans 2014 push

Valerie Macon, Getty Images

WASHINGTON — Former congresswoman Gabby Gifford’s political action committees will play an active role in House and Senate races next year in a push to “change the map” in Congress after lawmakers failed to pass any significant gun control or mental health legislation, Gifford’s husband, Mark Kelly, said Monday. Their team has not identified the congressional races, but they are sifting through about two dozen competitive House contests and about a half-dozen Senate races and are likely to winnow the list, Kelly said. “It doesn’t have to be a sea change,” said Kelly, a retired astronaut. “We just have to…

Nuggets vs W Wizards,Magic vs Grizzlies;Dallas vs Chicago (fb)…

QuestCinq.com/Sports* 3:15 PM ET Vitoria Setubal vs Academica 21:15 CET 6:10 PM ET Olimpo B Blanca vs Colon 00:10 CET 7:00 PM ET Denver Nuggets vs Washington Wizards 01:00 CET 7:00 PM ET Golden State Warriors vs Charlotte Bobcats 01:00 CET 7:00 PM ET Los Angeles Clippers vs Philadelphia 76ers 01:00 CET 7:00 PM ET Bryant University vs Notre Dame 01:00 CET 7:00 PM ET Fairleigh Dickinson vs Iowa 01:00 CET 7:00 PM ET AaB vs Viborg 01:00 CET 7:30 PM ET Alcorn State vs Houston 01:30 CET 7:30 PM ET Columbus Blue Jackets vs Pittsburgh Penguins 01:30 CET 7:30…

U.S. tech companies call for more controls on surveillance

An illustration picture shows logos of Google and Yahoo connected with LAN cables in Berlin

(Reuters) – Eight major U.S. web companies, including Apple, Google and Facebook, made a joint call on Monday for tighter controls on how governments collect personal data, intensifying the furor over online surveillance. In an open letter to U.S. President Barack Obama and Congress, the companies said recent revelations showed the balance had tipped too far in favor of the state in many countries and away from the individual. In June, former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor Edward Snowden exposed top secret government surveillance programs that tap into communications on cables linking technology companies’ various data centers overseas. After Snowden’s…

Ballon d’or 2013 : Ribéry ou Cristiano Ronaldo pour succéder à Messi

AP,Christophe Ena

–C’était un secret de Polichinelle. Les trois finalistes pour le Ballon d’or 2013 sont, par ordre alphabétique : Lionel Messi, Franck Ribéry et Cristiano Ronaldo. Le trophée sera décerné le 13 janvier au Palais des Congrès de Zurich, en Suisse, mais le nom des trois concurrents a été dévoilé lundi par l’hebdomadaire France Football, organisateur de ce prix avec la FIFA. L’Argentin Lionel Messi, quadruple tenant du titre, mais qui a vécu une année moins faste que les précédentes en raison de blessures à répétition, ne paraît pas favori à sa succession face au Français Franck Ribéry, qui a tout…

South Africa bracing for Mandela memorial service

Photo, Alexander Joe, AFP,Getty Images

JOHANNESBURG, South Africa — Police and the government were bracing Monday for a massive crush of mourners at a soccer stadium who will be met with high-level security measures for the heads of state attending the memorial service for Nelson Mandela. South Africa is initiating what the government described as its tightest security plan ever at FNB Stadium, where President Obama, his wife Michelle, and numerous other world dignitaries will be present Tuesday for the memorial service. “What we can say is … all the events and those who attend them are safe,” Collins Chabane, Minister for Performance Monitoring and…

Travel woes continue as winter storm lingers

Andrew P. Scott, USA TODAY

Bart Jansen, Rick Jervis and John Bacon, USA TODAY –An unrelenting winter storm continued to spread its misery along much of the East Coast on Monday, providing a wake-up call of freezing rain, fog and mist to commuters and travelers. The gloomy morning came hours after a swath of heavy snow and ice hit the eastern USA on Sunday, dumping snow on NFL fields, causing highway pileups and threatening to disrupt commuters Monday morning. The National Weather Service said the greatest area of concern was from central Virginia to southeast New York, where some areas could see another quarter inch…

Heurts entre pro et anti-Martelly, au moins un blessé aux Cayes

–Des individus réputés pour être proches du pouvoir « Tèt Kale » s’en sont pris violement aux opposants du chef de l’Etat lors d’une manifestation anti-gouvernementale samedi dernier. Présent à ce mouvement de mobilisation dans la troisième ville d’Haïti, Me André Michel dénonce avec véhémence l’attaque de ces individus présentés comme des pro-Martelly. « Ces derniers ont dispersé la manifestation à coup de pierres et de bouteilles. Une personne au moins en est sortie blessée », a rapporté le leader du groupe 77. « Ceci est inacceptable et intolérable », condamne-t-il ajoutant que « le pays est très loin de…

Yahoo! Status Checker by Techya