Latest News:

ZILE PAM NAN -

Friday, July 20, 2018

A government lawyer acknowledged Monday that the Trump administration will miss its first court-imposed deadline to reunite about 100 immigrant children under age 5 with their parents. Department of Justice attorney Sarah Fabian said during a court hearing that federal authorities reunited two families and expect to reunite an additional 59 by Tuesday’s deadline. She said the other cases are more complicated, including parents who have been deported or are in prison facing criminal charges, and would require more time to complete reunions. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, who ordered the administration to reunite families separated as part of President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy, said he will hold another hearing Tuesday morning to get an update on the remaining cases. He said he was encouraged to see “real progress” in the complicated reunification process after a busy weekend when officials from multiple federal agencies tried to sync up parents and children who are spread across the country. STORY FROM LENDINGTREE Crush your mortgage interest with a 15 yr fixed “Tomorrow is the deadline. I do recognize that there are some groups of parents who are going to fall into a category where it’s impossible to reunite by tomorrow,” he said. “I am very encouraged by the progress. I’m optimistic.” Lee Gelernt, an American Civil Liberties Union attorney who leads a lawsuit against the federal government, sounded more skeptical. When asked by the judge if he believed the government was in full compliance of the court order, Gelernt said there was much more work to be done. “Let me put it this way: I think the government in the last 48 hours has taken significant steps,” he said. “We just don’t know how much effort the government has made to find released parents. I don’t think there’s been full compliance.” U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. (Photo: U.S. District Court) The difficulty in reuniting the first 100 children shows the challenge that lies ahead as the Trump administration braces for another deadline in two weeks to reunite nearly 3,000 older children – up to age 17 – with their parents. The process is complicated because of all the different situations that emerged over the weekend. The government initially identified 102 children under age 5 who needed to be reunited but removed three children from that list because investigations into their cases revealed that those children came with adults who were not their parents, Fabian said. Twelve parents were found to be in federal and state custody on criminal charges, making a reunification impossible since the government can’t transfer minors to state and local prisons to protect the well-being of the child. Nine parents were deported, and the government established contact with only four of them, Fabian said. Four children had been scheduled to be released from government custody to relatives who weren’t their parents, leading the government to question whether to allow that process to be completed or to redirect the child back to a parent. Gelernt said he understood many of the hurdles but urged the judge to force the government to scrap its time-consuming investigation into every single case and start a 48-hour clock to reunify families that remain separated by Tuesday. Sabraw said he would decide that during Tuesday’s hearing. Fabian said one of the silver linings of the busy weekend is that her office worked closely with its challengers at the ACLU to share information on each child’s case, to ensure that representatives from immigration advocacy groups and volunteer organizations could be present during each reunification. Gelernt said they’re doing that to help the parents, who are often released from custody with no money and nowhere to go. Fabian said that coordination has led to a more formalized process between government agencies and with the immigrants’ lawyers that should make reunifications go more smoothly in the coming weeks. “I think this process over the weekend helped us see what information, and in what form, is the most useful to share,” she said. “I’d like to make that as efficient a process as possible.” -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Trump denies US opposition to WHO breastfeeding resolution -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Havana plane crash leaves more than 100 dead -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr bloc wins Iraq elections -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott: ‘We need to do more than just pray for the victims and their families’ -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Donald Trump says he will meet North Korea’s Kim Jong Un on June 12 in Singapore -

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Trump tells FBI: ‘I have your back 100%’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Mueller requests emails from Trump campaign data firm: report -

Friday, December 15, 2017

GOP changes child tax credit in bid to win Rubio’s vote -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Trump Jr. is berated for tweet about ‘Obama’s FCC’ chair, net ‘neutality’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry on 19 May 2018 -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Walt Disney buys Murdoch’s Fox for $52.4bn -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Roy Moore says Alabama election ‘tainted’ by outside groups -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Eric Holder warns GOP: ‘Any attempt to remove Bob Mueller will not be tolerated’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Former British prime minister: Trump attacks on press are ‘dangerous’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

China says war must not be allowed on Korean peninsula -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Megyn Kelly left Fox News in part due to O’Reilly: report -

Saturday, April 15, 2017

North Korea warns against U.S. ‘hysteria’ as it marks founder’s birth -

Friday, April 14, 2017

British spies were first to spot Trump team’s links with Russia -

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Devant une foule de fidèles, la première messe de Noël du Pape

Vatican

L’attente était très grande autour des mots qu’allaient prononcer le Pape. La cérémonie a été retransmise par les chaînes de télévision de 65 pays.

«Que la paix soit avec vous.» C’est ainsi que le pape François, d’une voix basse et rauque, a ouvert la messe de minuit (qui commence en réalité autour de 22 heures) au sein de la basilique Saint-Pierre à Rome , au terme d’une longue procession de 30 cardinaux et 40 évêques. Neuf mois et demi après l’élection de Jorge Mario Bergoglio en tant que 265e successeur de l’apôtre Pierre, l’attente était grande sur les mots qu’allait prononcer le Pape, pour cette grande fête du calendrier catholique retransmise par les télévisions de 65 pays. «Mes chers frères, en cette nuit très sainte nous célébrons le mystère de notre salut», a poursuivi le pape. «Prions pour les pauvres, les malades, les exclus.»

Le pape est allé embrasser une statuette peinte en plâtre de l’enfant Jésus, au début de la messe. Les textes et les prières ont été récités ou chantés principalement en italien et en latin, de façon solennelle et classique. Une intention de prière a été prononcée en araméen, la langue du Christ. Une autre a été prononcée en chinois pour les personnes persécutées en raison de leur foi.

Dans sa courte homélie en trois points, le pape de 77 ans, a rappelé que les bergers, pauvres, de Bethléem avaient été les premiers à se rendre à la crèche où Jésus, dans la tradition biblique, venait de naître. «Les bergers, a-t-il dit, ont été les premiers (…) à recevoir l’annonce de sa naissance. Ils ont été les premiers parce qu’ils étaient parmi les derniers, les marginalisés». Jorge Mario Bergoglio signifiait ainsi sa priorité aux gens démunis, signe distinctif de son pontificat.

 

 

 

Jésus, a-t-il remarqué, n’est pas «un maître de sagesse» ou «un idéal dont nous savons que nous sommes inexorablement éloignés». «En lui est apparue la grâce, la tendresse, la miséricorde», a-t-il martelé, sans aucune allusion aux débats de société ou au relativisme comme le faisait son prédécesseur Benoît XVI. «Le Seigneur vous répète: n’ayez pas peur! Moi aussi, je dis à tous: n’ayez pas peur. Le Seigneur pardonne toujours. Là est notre paix».

Jorge Mario Bergoglio est revenu sur un de ses mots préférés, «camminare» (marcher en italien): «Si nous aimons Dieu et nos frères, nous marchons dans la lumière, mais si notre coeur se ferme, si l’orgueil, le mensonge, la recherche de notre intérêt dominent, alors les ténèbres descendent en nous». «Le peuple est un peuple pèlerin, mais pas un peuple errant», a-t-il dit, affirmant qu’en chacun, «il y a ténèbre et lumière».

Au crépuscule, plus tôt dans la soirée, une fanfare a joué l’air de la très célèbre chanson napolitaine «O’Sole mio» sur l’immense place à moitié vide, quand la crèche polychrome a été dévoilée, à côté de l’obélisque et d’un immense sapin bavarois illuminé.

 

 

 

Cette crèche, intitulée «Franscesco 1223-Francesco 2013», marquait le lien entre le saint (François) d’Assise qui avait prêché la pauvreté radicale et le pape argentin qui a annoncé vouloir «une Eglise pauvre pour les pauvres». Réalisée par le maître napolitain Antonio Cantone, la crèche, dans la pure tradition du XVIIIe siècle napolitain, est très colorée. Seize personnages de deux mètres de haut, visibles de loin, semblent serrés les uns contre les autres dans une ambiance chaleureuse et joyeuse d’émerveillement. De petits chérubins discrets entourent la Vierge Marie.

Pour la deuxième année consécutive, l’installation n’aura quasiment rien coûté à la Cité du Vatican, l’essentiel des frais étant assumé par des bienfaiteurs privés. Par le passé, les dépenses somptuaires engagées par le Vatican pour la crèche avaient fait scandale. «Il n’y a pas de nobles dans cette crèche à l’exception des trois rois mages. Les premiers à arriver à la crèche étaient des gens ordinaires: c’est le coeur du message que je voulais transmettre», avait expliqué Antonio Cantone.

Source:Le Figaro

Comments are closed.

Yahoo! Status Checker by Techya