Latest News:

ZILE PAM NAN -

Friday, July 20, 2018

A government lawyer acknowledged Monday that the Trump administration will miss its first court-imposed deadline to reunite about 100 immigrant children under age 5 with their parents. Department of Justice attorney Sarah Fabian said during a court hearing that federal authorities reunited two families and expect to reunite an additional 59 by Tuesday’s deadline. She said the other cases are more complicated, including parents who have been deported or are in prison facing criminal charges, and would require more time to complete reunions. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, who ordered the administration to reunite families separated as part of President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy, said he will hold another hearing Tuesday morning to get an update on the remaining cases. He said he was encouraged to see “real progress” in the complicated reunification process after a busy weekend when officials from multiple federal agencies tried to sync up parents and children who are spread across the country. STORY FROM LENDINGTREE Crush your mortgage interest with a 15 yr fixed “Tomorrow is the deadline. I do recognize that there are some groups of parents who are going to fall into a category where it’s impossible to reunite by tomorrow,” he said. “I am very encouraged by the progress. I’m optimistic.” Lee Gelernt, an American Civil Liberties Union attorney who leads a lawsuit against the federal government, sounded more skeptical. When asked by the judge if he believed the government was in full compliance of the court order, Gelernt said there was much more work to be done. “Let me put it this way: I think the government in the last 48 hours has taken significant steps,” he said. “We just don’t know how much effort the government has made to find released parents. I don’t think there’s been full compliance.” U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. (Photo: U.S. District Court) The difficulty in reuniting the first 100 children shows the challenge that lies ahead as the Trump administration braces for another deadline in two weeks to reunite nearly 3,000 older children – up to age 17 – with their parents. The process is complicated because of all the different situations that emerged over the weekend. The government initially identified 102 children under age 5 who needed to be reunited but removed three children from that list because investigations into their cases revealed that those children came with adults who were not their parents, Fabian said. Twelve parents were found to be in federal and state custody on criminal charges, making a reunification impossible since the government can’t transfer minors to state and local prisons to protect the well-being of the child. Nine parents were deported, and the government established contact with only four of them, Fabian said. Four children had been scheduled to be released from government custody to relatives who weren’t their parents, leading the government to question whether to allow that process to be completed or to redirect the child back to a parent. Gelernt said he understood many of the hurdles but urged the judge to force the government to scrap its time-consuming investigation into every single case and start a 48-hour clock to reunify families that remain separated by Tuesday. Sabraw said he would decide that during Tuesday’s hearing. Fabian said one of the silver linings of the busy weekend is that her office worked closely with its challengers at the ACLU to share information on each child’s case, to ensure that representatives from immigration advocacy groups and volunteer organizations could be present during each reunification. Gelernt said they’re doing that to help the parents, who are often released from custody with no money and nowhere to go. Fabian said that coordination has led to a more formalized process between government agencies and with the immigrants’ lawyers that should make reunifications go more smoothly in the coming weeks. “I think this process over the weekend helped us see what information, and in what form, is the most useful to share,” she said. “I’d like to make that as efficient a process as possible.” -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Trump denies US opposition to WHO breastfeeding resolution -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Havana plane crash leaves more than 100 dead -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr bloc wins Iraq elections -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott: ‘We need to do more than just pray for the victims and their families’ -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Donald Trump says he will meet North Korea’s Kim Jong Un on June 12 in Singapore -

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Trump tells FBI: ‘I have your back 100%’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Mueller requests emails from Trump campaign data firm: report -

Friday, December 15, 2017

GOP changes child tax credit in bid to win Rubio’s vote -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Trump Jr. is berated for tweet about ‘Obama’s FCC’ chair, net ‘neutality’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry on 19 May 2018 -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Walt Disney buys Murdoch’s Fox for $52.4bn -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Roy Moore says Alabama election ‘tainted’ by outside groups -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Eric Holder warns GOP: ‘Any attempt to remove Bob Mueller will not be tolerated’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Former British prime minister: Trump attacks on press are ‘dangerous’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

China says war must not be allowed on Korean peninsula -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Megyn Kelly left Fox News in part due to O’Reilly: report -

Saturday, April 15, 2017

North Korea warns against U.S. ‘hysteria’ as it marks founder’s birth -

Friday, April 14, 2017

British spies were first to spot Trump team’s links with Russia -

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Syrie : Assad envoie un message au pape

Le président syrien Bachar Al-Assad a fait parvenir, samedi 28 décembre, un message au pape François par l’intermédiaire d’une délégation syrienne reçue à Rome par le numéro 2 du Saint-Siège, Mgr Pietro Parolin. La délégation « a apporté un message du président Assad pour le Saint-Père qui reflète la position du gouvernement syrien », indique le Vatican dans un communiqué.

Selon l’agence officielle syrienne Sana, le président Assad remercie dans cette lettre le pape pour sa position sur la Syrie « confrontée à une agression », et affirme que toute solution au conflit doit passer par « un dialogue national entre les Syriens, sans interférences étrangères, car le peuple syrien est seul maître de son destin, et il est le seul à choisir sa direction ».

Dans la lettre remise au Vatican par Joseph Soueid, ministre d’Etat, Bachar Al-Assad écrit également que c’est fort de cette conviction qu’il est disposé àparticiper à la conférence de paix sur la Syrie qui doit avoir lieu en Suisse le 22 janvier, poursuit Sana. Le président syrien y insiste aussi sur la détermination du gouvernement à « exercer son droit à défendre tous ses citoyens, quelles que soient leurs confessions, contre les crimes commis par les bandes takfiries [extrémistes sunnites] qui s’attaquent à leurs maisons, à leurs lieux de culte et à leurs quartiers ».

Le message dénonce enfin « le soutien militaire, logistique et matériel, fourni par des pays voisins aux terroristes » agissant en Syrie, terme utilisé par le régime pour désigner les rebelles, toujours selon l’agence syrienne.

Voir aussi nos explications en cartes : Carte : comprendre la rébellion en Syrie en cinq minutes

ACCÈS AUX AIDES HUMANITAIRES

Dans son message de Noël « urbi et orbi », le pape François avait demandé à toutes les parties belligérantes de permettre à l’aide humanitaire d’arriver aux millions de victimes de la guerre en Syrie.

« Le conflit en Syrie en a trop brisé ces derniers temps, fomentant haine et vengeance. Continuons à prier le Seigneur, pour qu’il épargne au bien-aimé peuple syrien de nouvelles souffrances et que les parties en conflit mettent fin à toute violence et garantissent l’accès pour les aides humanitaires », avait lancé le pape depuis la loggia de la basilique Saint-Pierre.

Lire : Pape François : « Il faut garantir l’accès aux aides humanitaires » en Syrie

Début décembre, le pontife avait déjà lancé un appel pour les douze sœurs orthodoxes emmenées par des hommes armés dans la localité de Maaloula, dans le nord de la Syrie, et pour « toutes les personnes enlevées en raison du conflit »dans ce pays. François a appelé plusieurs fois à une solution pacifique en Syrie depuis son élection en mars.

Début septembre, il avait organisé une journée de prière pour la paix en Syrie à l’occasion de laquelle il s’était prononcé contre une intervention militaire envisagée par les Etats-Unis et la France après l’usage d’armes chimiques dans la banlieue de Damas, attribuée par les Occidentaux au régime de Bachar Al-Assad.

Source:Le Monde avec AFP

Comments are closed.

Yahoo! Status Checker by Techya