Latest News:

ZILE PAM NAN -

Friday, July 20, 2018

A government lawyer acknowledged Monday that the Trump administration will miss its first court-imposed deadline to reunite about 100 immigrant children under age 5 with their parents. Department of Justice attorney Sarah Fabian said during a court hearing that federal authorities reunited two families and expect to reunite an additional 59 by Tuesday’s deadline. She said the other cases are more complicated, including parents who have been deported or are in prison facing criminal charges, and would require more time to complete reunions. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, who ordered the administration to reunite families separated as part of President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy, said he will hold another hearing Tuesday morning to get an update on the remaining cases. He said he was encouraged to see “real progress” in the complicated reunification process after a busy weekend when officials from multiple federal agencies tried to sync up parents and children who are spread across the country. STORY FROM LENDINGTREE Crush your mortgage interest with a 15 yr fixed “Tomorrow is the deadline. I do recognize that there are some groups of parents who are going to fall into a category where it’s impossible to reunite by tomorrow,” he said. “I am very encouraged by the progress. I’m optimistic.” Lee Gelernt, an American Civil Liberties Union attorney who leads a lawsuit against the federal government, sounded more skeptical. When asked by the judge if he believed the government was in full compliance of the court order, Gelernt said there was much more work to be done. “Let me put it this way: I think the government in the last 48 hours has taken significant steps,” he said. “We just don’t know how much effort the government has made to find released parents. I don’t think there’s been full compliance.” U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. (Photo: U.S. District Court) The difficulty in reuniting the first 100 children shows the challenge that lies ahead as the Trump administration braces for another deadline in two weeks to reunite nearly 3,000 older children – up to age 17 – with their parents. The process is complicated because of all the different situations that emerged over the weekend. The government initially identified 102 children under age 5 who needed to be reunited but removed three children from that list because investigations into their cases revealed that those children came with adults who were not their parents, Fabian said. Twelve parents were found to be in federal and state custody on criminal charges, making a reunification impossible since the government can’t transfer minors to state and local prisons to protect the well-being of the child. Nine parents were deported, and the government established contact with only four of them, Fabian said. Four children had been scheduled to be released from government custody to relatives who weren’t their parents, leading the government to question whether to allow that process to be completed or to redirect the child back to a parent. Gelernt said he understood many of the hurdles but urged the judge to force the government to scrap its time-consuming investigation into every single case and start a 48-hour clock to reunify families that remain separated by Tuesday. Sabraw said he would decide that during Tuesday’s hearing. Fabian said one of the silver linings of the busy weekend is that her office worked closely with its challengers at the ACLU to share information on each child’s case, to ensure that representatives from immigration advocacy groups and volunteer organizations could be present during each reunification. Gelernt said they’re doing that to help the parents, who are often released from custody with no money and nowhere to go. Fabian said that coordination has led to a more formalized process between government agencies and with the immigrants’ lawyers that should make reunifications go more smoothly in the coming weeks. “I think this process over the weekend helped us see what information, and in what form, is the most useful to share,” she said. “I’d like to make that as efficient a process as possible.” -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Trump denies US opposition to WHO breastfeeding resolution -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Havana plane crash leaves more than 100 dead -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr bloc wins Iraq elections -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott: ‘We need to do more than just pray for the victims and their families’ -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Donald Trump says he will meet North Korea’s Kim Jong Un on June 12 in Singapore -

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Trump tells FBI: ‘I have your back 100%’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Mueller requests emails from Trump campaign data firm: report -

Friday, December 15, 2017

GOP changes child tax credit in bid to win Rubio’s vote -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Trump Jr. is berated for tweet about ‘Obama’s FCC’ chair, net ‘neutality’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry on 19 May 2018 -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Walt Disney buys Murdoch’s Fox for $52.4bn -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Roy Moore says Alabama election ‘tainted’ by outside groups -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Eric Holder warns GOP: ‘Any attempt to remove Bob Mueller will not be tolerated’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Former British prime minister: Trump attacks on press are ‘dangerous’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

China says war must not be allowed on Korean peninsula -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Megyn Kelly left Fox News in part due to O’Reilly: report -

Saturday, April 15, 2017

North Korea warns against U.S. ‘hysteria’ as it marks founder’s birth -

Friday, April 14, 2017

British spies were first to spot Trump team’s links with Russia -

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Arsenal chimique syrien: les navires d’escorte rappelés à Chypre

navire-norvegien-hnoms-helge-ingstad

Agence France-Presse Nicosie Deux navires militaires devant escorter le transport de l’arsenal chimique syrien vers l’Italie en vue de sa destruction en mer ont été rappelés lundi à Chypre, le processus ayant pris du retard, a annoncé un porte-parole. La frégate norvégienne HNoMS Helge Ingstad a reçu l’ordre de regagner le port chypriote d’où elle avait appareillé, a déclaré un responsable norvégien des relations publiques, Lars Hovtun. L’autre navire, un bâtiment danois, a lui aussi été rappelé. Le porte-parole n’a pas donné de date pour un prochain départ des navires vers la Syrie. «Nous sommes toujours en état d’alerte renforcée…

Tim Tebow Hired By ESPN But Still Pursuing NFL Dream

Tim Tebow

QuestCinq.com/News Tim Tebow hasn’t given up on his NFL dream but he has found himself another job. ESPN announced on Monday thatTebow has been hired as a college football analyst. Tebow, who won the 2007 Heisman Trophy during a standout collegiate career at Florida, has reached a multi-year agreement with ESPN to join the SEC Network launching in August 2014. He will make his first ESPN appearance on Jan. 6, 2014 during pregame coverage before the BCS National Championship Game. “I am so excited that ESPN has given me this incredible opportunity,” Tebow said in a press release issued by ESPN….

Beyonce criticized for sampling Challenger disaster audio

Photo Jordan Strauss,Invision,AP

QuestCinq.com/news A song on Beyoncé’s latest album has upset families of the victims of the 1986 Challenger shuttle disaster. The love song XO opens with a six-second audio sample that originally was broadcast in the immediate aftermath of the Jan. 28, 1986 explosion that took the lives of all seven crew members on board. “Flight controllers here looking very carefully at the situation. Obviously a major malfunction,” now-retired NASA public affairs officer Steve Nesbitt said as the nation watched the shuttle explode 73 seconds after liftoff from theKennedy Space Center. June Scobee Rodgers, the widow of Challenger Commander Dick Scobee, said she was “disappointed” to…

Heat vs Nuggets, Wizards vs Pistons,Bulls vs Grizzlies

QuestCinq.com/Sports* 7:00 PM ET Charleston Southern vs Florida State 01:00 CET 7:00 PM ET Fordham vs Siena 01:00 CET 7:00 PM ET Longwood vs Ohio 01:00 CET 7:00 PM ET Loyola (MD) vs Miami (FL) 01:00 CET 7:00 PM ET Marshall vs South Carolina 01:00 CET 7:00 PM ET Mount St. Mary’s vs Texas Tech 01:00 CET 7:00 PM ET North Carolina State vs UNC Greensboro 01:00 CET 7:00 PM ET Northern Kentucky vs Florida Gulf Coast 01:00 CET 7:00 PM ET Robert Morris vs Oklahoma State 01:00 CET 7:00 PM ET Virginia Military vs Clemson 01:00 CET 7:00 PM…

U.S. concerned about threats to Sochi Olympics, offers help

QuestCinq.com/N3ews BY MARK HOSENBALL WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The U.S. government is concerned Islamist militants may be preparing attacks aimed at disrupting the Winter Olympic games in Sochi in February and is offering closer cooperation on security with Russia despite strains earlier this year. Two bombings in the Russian city of Volgograd in the past two days – one at the city’s central railway station and another on a bus – killed dozens of people and raised anxieties about the safety of the Olympics. One militant group issued explicit direct threats to disrupt the Olympics, a State Department official said. Other officials said that regions near…

DEUX MILLE QUATORZE : L’ANNÉE DE TOUS LES ESPOIRS

Fresnel Jean

QuestCinq.com/Panorama Par Me Fresnel JEAN, Av. & T.S. QC Notes: Me Fresnel Jean, ancien Batonnier du barreau des avocats de Port de Paix et ex-Délégué departemental du Nord-Oest sous le gouvernement provisoir de Madame Erthat P. Trouillot, est aussi un diplomé de la Faculté des Science Humaines de Port au Prince.” Une nation ne disparait pas tant qu’il y aura des hommes qui pensent, réfléchissent et acceptent de faire des sacrifices sans lesquels rien de grand ne se réalise. C’est le rôle et la vocation de toute élite consciente, avisée et responsable de se constituer en gardienne des intérêts vitaux d’une…

Panorama!

QCLogo

QuestCinq.com A la fin de l’annee 2013, QuestCinq.com voudrait apprecier la situation haitienne a sa juste valeur. Pour le faire QC va publiblier “Panorama” un ensemble de textes de differentes personalites… Le premier sera celui de Maitre Fresnel Jean que nous partagerons avec vous dans les plus prochaines heures aujourd’hui. Si vous etes curieux voir  DEUX MILLE TREIZE : L’ANNEE DE TOUS LES DANGERS! Que dit-il pour 2014? Merci beaucoup pour la confiance placee en nous: Bonne Annee 2014 a tous et a toutes! Jean-W. Simon

Des membres de Religions pour la Paix dénoncent l’initiative de l’église catholique

Metropole

Les dirigeants de la fédération protestante d’Haïti (FPH) et de confédération des vodouisants Haïtiens dénoncent la nouvelle initiative de l’église catholique pour favoriser le dialogue entre les acteurs politiques. Le président de la Fédération Protestante, Sylvain Exantus, déplore la démarche unilatérale de la Conférence Episcopale d’Haïti, visant à exclure les autres religions du processus de dialogue inter haïtien. D’après le pasteur Exantus les cultes importants doivent être associés au processus de médiation initié par l’église Catholique. Le monde protestant a travers la Fédération veut faire partie des négociations, a insisté le pasteur Exantus soulignant que l’implication du secteur protestant est…

Michael Schumacher ‘fighting for life’ after ski accident

BBC

Michael Schumacher, the seven-time Formula 1 champion, is “fighting for his life” after a ski accident in the French Alps, his doctors say. The driver remains in a critical condition in hospital in Grenoble with head injuries suffered on Sunday morning at the resort of Meribel. “We cannot tell you what the outcome will be yet,” the team treating him told a news conference on Monday morning. His family are at his bedside. Schumacher underwent surgery on arrival at the University Hospital in Grenoble. He remains in a coma and the medical team treating him said that they are working…

Second suicide bomber in Russia’s Volgograd kills 14 on bus

Members of the emergency services work at the site of a bomb blast on a trolleybus in Volgograd

(Reuters) – A bomb ripped a bus apart in Volgograd on Monday, killing 14 people in the second deadly attack blamed on suicide bombers in the southern Russian city in 24 hours and raising fears of Islamist attacks on the Winter Olympics. President Vladimir Putin, who has staked his prestige on February’s Sochi Games and dismissed threats from Chechen and other Islamist militants in the nearby North Caucasus, ordered tighter security nationwide after the morning rush-hour blast. Investigators said they believed a male suicide bomber set off the blast, a day after a similar attack killed at least 17 in…

Yahoo! Status Checker by Techya