Latest News:

A government lawyer acknowledged Monday that the Trump administration will miss its first court-imposed deadline to reunite about 100 immigrant children under age 5 with their parents. Department of Justice attorney Sarah Fabian said during a court hearing that federal authorities reunited two families and expect to reunite an additional 59 by Tuesday’s deadline. She said the other cases are more complicated, including parents who have been deported or are in prison facing criminal charges, and would require more time to complete reunions. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, who ordered the administration to reunite families separated as part of President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy, said he will hold another hearing Tuesday morning to get an update on the remaining cases. He said he was encouraged to see “real progress” in the complicated reunification process after a busy weekend when officials from multiple federal agencies tried to sync up parents and children who are spread across the country. STORY FROM LENDINGTREE Crush your mortgage interest with a 15 yr fixed “Tomorrow is the deadline. I do recognize that there are some groups of parents who are going to fall into a category where it’s impossible to reunite by tomorrow,” he said. “I am very encouraged by the progress. I’m optimistic.” Lee Gelernt, an American Civil Liberties Union attorney who leads a lawsuit against the federal government, sounded more skeptical. When asked by the judge if he believed the government was in full compliance of the court order, Gelernt said there was much more work to be done. “Let me put it this way: I think the government in the last 48 hours has taken significant steps,” he said. “We just don’t know how much effort the government has made to find released parents. I don’t think there’s been full compliance.” U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. (Photo: U.S. District Court) The difficulty in reuniting the first 100 children shows the challenge that lies ahead as the Trump administration braces for another deadline in two weeks to reunite nearly 3,000 older children – up to age 17 – with their parents. The process is complicated because of all the different situations that emerged over the weekend. The government initially identified 102 children under age 5 who needed to be reunited but removed three children from that list because investigations into their cases revealed that those children came with adults who were not their parents, Fabian said. Twelve parents were found to be in federal and state custody on criminal charges, making a reunification impossible since the government can’t transfer minors to state and local prisons to protect the well-being of the child. Nine parents were deported, and the government established contact with only four of them, Fabian said. Four children had been scheduled to be released from government custody to relatives who weren’t their parents, leading the government to question whether to allow that process to be completed or to redirect the child back to a parent. Gelernt said he understood many of the hurdles but urged the judge to force the government to scrap its time-consuming investigation into every single case and start a 48-hour clock to reunify families that remain separated by Tuesday. Sabraw said he would decide that during Tuesday’s hearing. Fabian said one of the silver linings of the busy weekend is that her office worked closely with its challengers at the ACLU to share information on each child’s case, to ensure that representatives from immigration advocacy groups and volunteer organizations could be present during each reunification. Gelernt said they’re doing that to help the parents, who are often released from custody with no money and nowhere to go. Fabian said that coordination has led to a more formalized process between government agencies and with the immigrants’ lawyers that should make reunifications go more smoothly in the coming weeks. “I think this process over the weekend helped us see what information, and in what form, is the most useful to share,” she said. “I’d like to make that as efficient a process as possible.” -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Trump denies US opposition to WHO breastfeeding resolution -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Mwen se moun nan Panyòl -

Monday, July 9, 2018

ZILE PAM NAN -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Havana plane crash leaves more than 100 dead -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr bloc wins Iraq elections -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott: ‘We need to do more than just pray for the victims and their families’ -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Donald Trump says he will meet North Korea’s Kim Jong Un on June 12 in Singapore -

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Trump tells FBI: ‘I have your back 100%’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Mueller requests emails from Trump campaign data firm: report -

Friday, December 15, 2017

GOP changes child tax credit in bid to win Rubio’s vote -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Trump Jr. is berated for tweet about ‘Obama’s FCC’ chair, net ‘neutality’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry on 19 May 2018 -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Walt Disney buys Murdoch’s Fox for $52.4bn -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Roy Moore says Alabama election ‘tainted’ by outside groups -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Eric Holder warns GOP: ‘Any attempt to remove Bob Mueller will not be tolerated’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Former British prime minister: Trump attacks on press are ‘dangerous’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

China says war must not be allowed on Korean peninsula -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Megyn Kelly left Fox News in part due to O’Reilly: report -

Saturday, April 15, 2017

North Korea warns against U.S. ‘hysteria’ as it marks founder’s birth -

Friday, April 14, 2017

Ianoukovitch annonce la «trêve» avec l’opposition

The New York Times

QuestCinq.com Kiev-Le président ukrainien Viktor Ianoukovitch a annoncé mercredi la «trêve» avec l’opposition avant l’arrivée à Kiev de diplomates européens alors que la menace de sanctions occidentales pèse sur son régime au lendemain des violences et d’un assaut policier qui ont fait 26 morts à Kiev. La capitale ukrainienne sera jeudi le théâtre d’une intense activité diplomatique, avec le venue simultanée des chefs de la diplomatie française, allemande et polonaise et d’un haut responsable russe. Dans cette perspective, le président Ianoukovitch a annoncé «la trêve et la reprise des pourparlers pour arrêter le bain de sang» à l’issue d’une rencontre…

Facebook to buy messaging app WhatsApp for $16bn

Getty Images

Facebook has bought messaging app WhatsApp for $16bn (£9.6bn), with an additional $3bn given to WhatsApp’s founders and employees. It is the social networking giant’s biggest acquisition to date. WhatsApp has over 450 million monthly users and is popular with people looking to avoid text messaging charges. In a statement, Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg described WhatsApp’s services as “incredibly valuable”. WhatsApp allows users to send messages over internet connections, avoiding text messaging fees. The company claims it is currently registering one million new users a day. WhatsApp founder Jan Koum will stay on and operate the firm independently. He will…

WHAT? Pizza Hut Worker Fired After Urinating In Sink

QuestCinq.com KERMIT, W.Va. (AP) — Health officials have temporarily shut down a southern West Virginia pizza restaurant after a district manager was caught on surveillance video urinating into a sink. Local media reported that the Mingo County health department ordered the Pizza Hut in Kermit, about 85 miles southwest of Charleston, to shut down. Pizza Hut Corp. released a statement saying it was “embarrassed” by the manager’s actions. The company says it has “zero tolerance” for violations of its operating standards. The employee was fired. His name was not released. The video shows the manager urinating in a sink in…

Ukraine President Yanukovych sacks army chief amid crisis

QCLogo

QUESTCINQ.COM/BREAKING NEWS Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has sacked the head of the armed forces, Col Gen Volodymyr Zamana, according to the president’s website. The move comes after the most intense violence in the country’s three-month crisis, turning Kiev into a battle zone. Earlier the state security service announced it was launching a nationwide “anti-terrorist” campaign, to deal with a growing “extremist threat”. There was a suggestion the armed forces could be deployed for the first time. Source:BBC

L’opposition vénézuélienne appelle à se mobiliser pour Lopez

ELYXANDRO CEGARRA,AFP

Jordi MIRO Agence France-Presse CARACAS   L’opposition a de nouveau appelé à la mobilisation mercredi au Venezuela, en soutien au dirigeant radical Leopoldo Lopez, qui devait être présenté à  un juge au lendemain de sa reddition. «Nous allons accompagner Leopoldo (…) qui est victime d’un processus judiciaire truqué», a déclaré mardi soir lors d’une conférence de presse le maire de Caracas, Antonio Ledezma, autre opposant au président Nicolas Maduro, sous pression depuis le lancement début février d’une fronde étudiante contre l’insécurité, l’inflation et les pénuries. Une responsable du mouvement étudiant, Gaby Arellano, a, elle, donné rendez-vous sur son compte Twitter…

Surinam prévoit d’accorder un visa de résidence temporaire…

Credit Google

QuestCinq.com Une délégation intersectorielle composée des représentants du MHAVE, des archives nationales,de l’Oni,du service de l’immigration et de la Primature séjourne depuis samedi, au Surinam et ensuite aux Bahamas en vue de rencontrer les autorités des deux Etats et les communautés haïtiennes sur la mise en oeuvre du programme d’identification des Haïtiens vivant a l’étranger, informe la Primature, via une note de la Primature. La délégation s’est déjà entretenu à Paramaribo, le dimanche 16 février, d’abord avec les leaders de la Communauté, puis avec plus de 350 ressortissants haïtiens. Le Consul Alex Jospitre a présenté la délégation et définit les…

Ukraine: 25 morts à Kiev, les Européens haussent le ton

SERGEI CHUZAVKOV,AP

Kiev-Les Européens ont nettement haussé le ton mercredi et brandi la menace de sanctions contre les responsables de la répression en Ukraine, où de violents affrontements et un assaut des forces spéciales contre les manifestants ont fait au moins 25 morts. La Russie a dénoncé une «tentative de coup d’État» et exigé des leaders de l’opposition qu’ils fassent cesser les violences, alors que le président ukrainien a accusé ces derniers d’avoir lancé une insurrection. Le ministère de la Santé a fait état d’un nouveau bilan de 25 morts depuis le regain de violences à Kiev mardi, et de 241 blessés…

Figure Skating – Ladies Short Program;AC Milan vs Atletico Madrid…

QCLogo

QuestCinq.com/Sports* 8:30 AM ET Speed Skating – Ladies’ 5000m 14:30 CET 9:30 AM ET Istanbul B.B. vs Orduspor 15:30 CET 9:30 AM ET Biathlon – Mixed Relay 15:30 CET 10:00 AM ET Figure Skating – Ladies Short Program 16:00 CET 10:00 AM ET Men’s Curling – Canada vs China 16:00 CET 10:00 AM ET Men’s Curling – Great Britain vs Sweden 16:00 CET 10:00 AM ET ATP 500 Rio 16:00 CET 11:15 AM ET Bobsleigh – Women’s Run 17:15 CET 12:00 PM ET Fethiyespor vs Adanaspor 18:00 CET 12:00 PM ET Ice Hockey Men – Canada vs Latvia 18:00 CET…

Yahoo! Status Checker by Techya