Latest News:

A government lawyer acknowledged Monday that the Trump administration will miss its first court-imposed deadline to reunite about 100 immigrant children under age 5 with their parents. Department of Justice attorney Sarah Fabian said during a court hearing that federal authorities reunited two families and expect to reunite an additional 59 by Tuesday’s deadline. She said the other cases are more complicated, including parents who have been deported or are in prison facing criminal charges, and would require more time to complete reunions. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, who ordered the administration to reunite families separated as part of President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy, said he will hold another hearing Tuesday morning to get an update on the remaining cases. He said he was encouraged to see “real progress” in the complicated reunification process after a busy weekend when officials from multiple federal agencies tried to sync up parents and children who are spread across the country. STORY FROM LENDINGTREE Crush your mortgage interest with a 15 yr fixed “Tomorrow is the deadline. I do recognize that there are some groups of parents who are going to fall into a category where it’s impossible to reunite by tomorrow,” he said. “I am very encouraged by the progress. I’m optimistic.” Lee Gelernt, an American Civil Liberties Union attorney who leads a lawsuit against the federal government, sounded more skeptical. When asked by the judge if he believed the government was in full compliance of the court order, Gelernt said there was much more work to be done. “Let me put it this way: I think the government in the last 48 hours has taken significant steps,” he said. “We just don’t know how much effort the government has made to find released parents. I don’t think there’s been full compliance.” U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. (Photo: U.S. District Court) The difficulty in reuniting the first 100 children shows the challenge that lies ahead as the Trump administration braces for another deadline in two weeks to reunite nearly 3,000 older children – up to age 17 – with their parents. The process is complicated because of all the different situations that emerged over the weekend. The government initially identified 102 children under age 5 who needed to be reunited but removed three children from that list because investigations into their cases revealed that those children came with adults who were not their parents, Fabian said. Twelve parents were found to be in federal and state custody on criminal charges, making a reunification impossible since the government can’t transfer minors to state and local prisons to protect the well-being of the child. Nine parents were deported, and the government established contact with only four of them, Fabian said. Four children had been scheduled to be released from government custody to relatives who weren’t their parents, leading the government to question whether to allow that process to be completed or to redirect the child back to a parent. Gelernt said he understood many of the hurdles but urged the judge to force the government to scrap its time-consuming investigation into every single case and start a 48-hour clock to reunify families that remain separated by Tuesday. Sabraw said he would decide that during Tuesday’s hearing. Fabian said one of the silver linings of the busy weekend is that her office worked closely with its challengers at the ACLU to share information on each child’s case, to ensure that representatives from immigration advocacy groups and volunteer organizations could be present during each reunification. Gelernt said they’re doing that to help the parents, who are often released from custody with no money and nowhere to go. Fabian said that coordination has led to a more formalized process between government agencies and with the immigrants’ lawyers that should make reunifications go more smoothly in the coming weeks. “I think this process over the weekend helped us see what information, and in what form, is the most useful to share,” she said. “I’d like to make that as efficient a process as possible.” -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Trump denies US opposition to WHO breastfeeding resolution -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Mwen se moun nan Panyòl -

Monday, July 9, 2018

ZILE PAM NAN -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Havana plane crash leaves more than 100 dead -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr bloc wins Iraq elections -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott: ‘We need to do more than just pray for the victims and their families’ -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Donald Trump says he will meet North Korea’s Kim Jong Un on June 12 in Singapore -

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Trump tells FBI: ‘I have your back 100%’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Mueller requests emails from Trump campaign data firm: report -

Friday, December 15, 2017

GOP changes child tax credit in bid to win Rubio’s vote -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Trump Jr. is berated for tweet about ‘Obama’s FCC’ chair, net ‘neutality’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry on 19 May 2018 -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Walt Disney buys Murdoch’s Fox for $52.4bn -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Roy Moore says Alabama election ‘tainted’ by outside groups -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Eric Holder warns GOP: ‘Any attempt to remove Bob Mueller will not be tolerated’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Former British prime minister: Trump attacks on press are ‘dangerous’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

China says war must not be allowed on Korean peninsula -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Megyn Kelly left Fox News in part due to O’Reilly: report -

Saturday, April 15, 2017

North Korea warns against U.S. ‘hysteria’ as it marks founder’s birth -

Friday, April 14, 2017

Nelson Mandela ‘no saint’ in new biopic

Madiba

By Neil Smith “It was important we had both sides, the good and the bad,” said Idris Elba. Early scenes in Justin Chadwick’s film show Mandela as a womaniser who was violent to his first wife Evelyn. “I didn’t want to deface Mr Mandela in any way,” the Luther actor continued. “But I didn’t want to portray him in a way that wasn’t honest.” Elba was speaking at the Toronto Film Festival, where Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom had its world premiere this weekend. Based on the former South African president’s autobiography, the film charts his early life as a…

Read More

Officer who escorted LeBron James to Jay Z, Justin Timberlake concert gets verbal warning

3

by GUSTAVO SOLIS gsolis@MiamiHerald.com The Miami-Dade police officer who gave LeBron James a wrong-way escort to the Jay Z and Justin Timberlake concert last week received a verbal warning, the department said Thursday night. The unnamed officer, who was part of an off-duty team working at Sun Life Stadium, came under scrutiny after Friday’s concert for violating departmental policy. The decision comes three days after the investigation was launched. The punishment is “informal counseling” for the officer, which is the equivalent of a verbal warning, according Roy Rutland, a department spokesman. No further disciplinary action will be taken, police said….

Read More

Chris Brown suffers a seizure ’caused by stress’

2

QuestCinq.com/Hollywood News Chris Brown has suffered a seizure caused by “intense fatigue and extreme emotional stress” according to his publicist. The R&B singer suffered a non-epileptic seizure early on Friday morning while he was working at a studio in Los Angeles. Nicole Perna claims it was down to “the continued onslaught of unfounded legal matters and the nonstop negativity.” Doctors examined the 24-year-old but he wasn’t taken to hospital. On Saturday morning he posted: “They won’t love u until u r a memory…” on his Twitter account. Last month a US judge revoked Chris Brown’s probation after looking at details…

Read More

That man who hugged soccer superstar Ronaldo on the field? He’s a Lake Worth college student

QuestCinq.com/News If you happened to see highlights on the news this week of a soccer fan running onto the field during a match at Sun Life Stadium and hugging superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, then you’d recognize Ronaldo Gjoka. Gjoka, a Palm Beach State College student, fulfilled a dream by giving his idol a hug Wednesday night during an international match. But the embrace came with a price. Gjoka, of Lake Worth, was arrested and is accused of disorderly conduct and trespassing. Gjoka ran on the field during the 65th minute of the International Champions Cup final match between Real Madrid and…

Read More

Lars Ohly Penis Photo Accidentally Posted To Instagram

President of Left Party, Lars Ohly (R) w

QuestCinq.com The Huffington Post | By Alana Horowitz Lars Ohly in Stockholm. Europe’s Anthony Weiner? Not quite. But one Swedish lawmaker did accidentally post a picture of his genitals online. According to the AP, Lars Ohly, the former head of Sweden’s Left Party, added a picture of his new tattoo to Instagram– not realizing that his private parts made it into the photo. On Twitter, he confirmed his big goof. “Ha, ha, I accidentally posted a picture on Instagram that showed more than intended,” he said, according to the AFP. “Now corrected.” In an interview with The Local, Ohly seemed…

Read More

Jay Z, Kanye, Madonna Join Stevie Wonder’s Florida Boycott In Wake Of Zimmerman Verdict (REPORT, UPDATES)

2012 BET Awards - Show

QuestCinq.com/News A number of top-level celebrities are reportedly following in Stevie Wonder’s footsteps and plan to boycott Florida in protest of the state’s “Stand Your Ground” laws. The list, which was first reported by AURN’s April Ryan and credited a “a source close to Wonder,” includes the likes of Madonna, Usher, Kanye West, Jay Z, Rihanna and Rod Stewart. The Huffington Post is reaching out to representatives for a number of artists on this list and will update this post should more information be made available. Wonder announced his intention to boycott any state with “Stand Your Ground” laws after…

Read More

Sopranos actor James Gandolfini dies

Gandolfini

QuestCinq.com/news  –James Gandolfini, the US actor best known for his role as the mob boss in The Sopranos, has died at the age of 51, the HBO TV network has confirmed. Gandolfini died of a possible heart attack while on holiday in Rome, the network told the BBC. According to TMZ website, New Jersey-born Gandolfini went to Italy to attend a film festival in Sicily. He won three Emmy awards for his role as Tony Soprano, a mafia boss juggling his criminal career and family life. “It is with immense sorrow that we report our client James Gandolfini passed away…

Read More

Palace sheds some light on Kate’s baby plans

By MARTIN BENEDYK LONDON — With Prince William and the former Kate Middleton expecting their first child in mid-July — and much of the world interested in the birth of a future monarch — the royals’ office has released some of the couple’s plans, although many details are still being kept private. Kate has made several public appearances recently but is expected to keep a low profile in the final weeks of her pregnancy. Here is the latest news about the infant who will, upon entering the world, be third in line for the British throne. KING OR QUEEN? Royal…

Read More

Basketball great Michael Jordan files for marriage license in West Palm courthouse this morning

QuestCinq.com/News/March 7, 2013 The Palm Beach Post has reported  today that Michael Jordan wants to get married again: Former Chicago Bulls star Michael Jordan filed for a marriage license this morning in the downtown West Palm Beach courthouse, a spokeswoman there confirmed. Jordan and his fiance, who is reported to be Cuban-American model Yvette Prieto, came into the courthouse around 8:30 a.m. The New York Daily News reported the two got engaged in December 2011. This is Jordan’s second marriage. He was married to Juanita Vanoy for 17 years before they divorced in 2006. They have three children together. Jordan…

Read More

Mindy McCready Dead: Country Singer Dies At 37

Queens of Heart World Series of Poker

QuesrtCinq.com/February 18, 2013 Mindy McCready was found dead in Heber Springs, Ark., on Sunday night, her brother confirms to the NY Daily News. She was 37. A source tells E! News that neighbors reportedly heard gunshots at McCready’s house and called the police. “She shot herself and the dog,” the insider adds. No other details have been released on her death, but the Daily News is reporting that it was an apparent suicide. NBC’s TODAY reports, “The cause of death ‘appears to be a single self-inflicted gunshot wound,’ the Cleburne County (Ark.) Sheriff’s Office said in a statement.” According to TMZ, McCready attempted to take…

Read More

Yahoo! Status Checker by Techya