Latest News:

A government lawyer acknowledged Monday that the Trump administration will miss its first court-imposed deadline to reunite about 100 immigrant children under age 5 with their parents. Department of Justice attorney Sarah Fabian said during a court hearing that federal authorities reunited two families and expect to reunite an additional 59 by Tuesday’s deadline. She said the other cases are more complicated, including parents who have been deported or are in prison facing criminal charges, and would require more time to complete reunions. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, who ordered the administration to reunite families separated as part of President Donald Trump’s “zero tolerance” immigration policy, said he will hold another hearing Tuesday morning to get an update on the remaining cases. He said he was encouraged to see “real progress” in the complicated reunification process after a busy weekend when officials from multiple federal agencies tried to sync up parents and children who are spread across the country. STORY FROM LENDINGTREE Crush your mortgage interest with a 15 yr fixed “Tomorrow is the deadline. I do recognize that there are some groups of parents who are going to fall into a category where it’s impossible to reunite by tomorrow,” he said. “I am very encouraged by the progress. I’m optimistic.” Lee Gelernt, an American Civil Liberties Union attorney who leads a lawsuit against the federal government, sounded more skeptical. When asked by the judge if he believed the government was in full compliance of the court order, Gelernt said there was much more work to be done. “Let me put it this way: I think the government in the last 48 hours has taken significant steps,” he said. “We just don’t know how much effort the government has made to find released parents. I don’t think there’s been full compliance.” U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. U.S. District Judge Dana Sabraw, based in San Diego. (Photo: U.S. District Court) The difficulty in reuniting the first 100 children shows the challenge that lies ahead as the Trump administration braces for another deadline in two weeks to reunite nearly 3,000 older children – up to age 17 – with their parents. The process is complicated because of all the different situations that emerged over the weekend. The government initially identified 102 children under age 5 who needed to be reunited but removed three children from that list because investigations into their cases revealed that those children came with adults who were not their parents, Fabian said. Twelve parents were found to be in federal and state custody on criminal charges, making a reunification impossible since the government can’t transfer minors to state and local prisons to protect the well-being of the child. Nine parents were deported, and the government established contact with only four of them, Fabian said. Four children had been scheduled to be released from government custody to relatives who weren’t their parents, leading the government to question whether to allow that process to be completed or to redirect the child back to a parent. Gelernt said he understood many of the hurdles but urged the judge to force the government to scrap its time-consuming investigation into every single case and start a 48-hour clock to reunify families that remain separated by Tuesday. Sabraw said he would decide that during Tuesday’s hearing. Fabian said one of the silver linings of the busy weekend is that her office worked closely with its challengers at the ACLU to share information on each child’s case, to ensure that representatives from immigration advocacy groups and volunteer organizations could be present during each reunification. Gelernt said they’re doing that to help the parents, who are often released from custody with no money and nowhere to go. Fabian said that coordination has led to a more formalized process between government agencies and with the immigrants’ lawyers that should make reunifications go more smoothly in the coming weeks. “I think this process over the weekend helped us see what information, and in what form, is the most useful to share,” she said. “I’d like to make that as efficient a process as possible.” -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Trump denies US opposition to WHO breastfeeding resolution -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Mwen se moun nan Panyòl -

Monday, July 9, 2018

ZILE PAM NAN -

Monday, July 9, 2018

Havana plane crash leaves more than 100 dead -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr bloc wins Iraq elections -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott: ‘We need to do more than just pray for the victims and their families’ -

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Donald Trump says he will meet North Korea’s Kim Jong Un on June 12 in Singapore -

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Trump tells FBI: ‘I have your back 100%’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Mueller requests emails from Trump campaign data firm: report -

Friday, December 15, 2017

GOP changes child tax credit in bid to win Rubio’s vote -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Trump Jr. is berated for tweet about ‘Obama’s FCC’ chair, net ‘neutality’ -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry on 19 May 2018 -

Friday, December 15, 2017

Walt Disney buys Murdoch’s Fox for $52.4bn -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Roy Moore says Alabama election ‘tainted’ by outside groups -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Eric Holder warns GOP: ‘Any attempt to remove Bob Mueller will not be tolerated’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Former British prime minister: Trump attacks on press are ‘dangerous’ -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

China says war must not be allowed on Korean peninsula -

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Megyn Kelly left Fox News in part due to O’Reilly: report -

Saturday, April 15, 2017

North Korea warns against U.S. ‘hysteria’ as it marks founder’s birth -

Friday, April 14, 2017

Tropical Storm Erika track goes farther west

Weather

The 11 a.m. advisory from the National Hurricane Center has moved the official track of Tropical Storm Erika farther to the west. Forecasters said a general west northwest motion is expected for the next two days as Erika moves around the edges of a subtropical ridge. After that, a turn north is predicted and a decrease in forward speed. Models continue to disagree on the strength of the storm, but the NHC forecast shows the center of the cone more to the west, still entering at the tip of Florida’s peninsula but closer to Cape Coral on Monday than the…

Read More

Haïti: 14 candidats exclus des élections

AFP

Ces élections législatives sont le premier scrutin organisé en Haïti depuis l’arrivée au pouvoir du président Michel Martelly en mai 2011. PHOTO ANDRES MARTINEZ CASARES, REUTERS Agence France-Presse PORT-AU-PRINCE Quatorze candidats en lice pour les élections législatives en Haïti ont été exclus du processus par le conseil électoral provisoire (CEP) à cause des crimes et violences dont ils ont été les auteurs lors du premier tour le 9 août. Dans son communiqué publié mardi matin, l’administration électorale détaille les faits reprochés aux personnalités politiques: tirs à l’arme automatique à proximité de centre de vote, saccage de bureaux, violation du scrutin,…

Read More

La Fusion opposée à un gouvernement de transition

Plusieurs dirigeants de partis politiques alertent sur la nécessité d’adopter des dispositions en cas de report des élections législatives du 9 août 2015. La secrétaire générale de la Fusion des Sociaux Démocrates, Edmonde Supplice Beauzile, préconise l’organisation d’élections à deux tours. Le premier tour des législatives, municipales et de la présidentielle pourrait être reporté au 25 octobre de l’avis des dirigeants de la Fusion. Mme Beauzile a dans le même temps exprimé son opposition à la mise en branle d’un processus pour la formation d’un gouvernement de transition après la fin du mandat du chef de l’état. Elle souligne que…

Read More

L’ex-premier ministre Laurent Lamothe brigue la présidence haïtienne

PHOTO HECTOR RETAMAL, ARCHIVES AFP

Associated Press PORT-AU-PRINCE L’ancien premier ministre haïtien Laurent Lamothe a décidé de briguer la présidence de son pays après tout. Quelques centaines de partisans de M. Lamothe l’ont acclamé tard mercredi, quand son convoi est arrivé à un bureau électoral de la capitale, Port-au-Prince. M. Lamothe, qui avait fréquemment déclaré n’avoir aucune intention de solliciter le plus important poste politique de son pays, a déposé sa candidature environ trois heures avant l’échéance. L’ancien premier ministre a démissionné à la fin de l’an dernier, au terme d’une querelle politique acrimonieuse avec le Parlement. Il n’a fourni aucune explication quant à sa décision de…

Read More

Les Maires et policiers candidats doivent démissionner

Carte Haiti, Google

 Mercredi, 1 avril 2015 08:58 Les autorités haïtiennes ont adopté des dispositions en vue de favoriser la tenue d’élections honnêtes et acceptables à la fin de cette année. Les candidats qui doivent remplir les formalités administratives auprès du Conseil Electoral Provisoire (CEP) disposeront des mêmes avantages au départ. Le Premier Ministre, Evans Paul, a indiqué a maintes reprises que les ressources financières et matérielles de l’état ne pourront être utilisées dans la campagne électorale. Même si des hauts fonctionnaires ou des sénateurs peuvent briguer des postes électifs ils ne pourront utiliser les moyens logistiques mis a leur disposition dans le…

Read More

Haiti carnival accident kills at least 18 in capital

BBC

(BBC)…Witnesses said someone on the float used a stick to move the power line to let the float pass, the Associated Press news agency reported. A doctor at a nearby hospital told the news agency that at least 18 people had died. Some were electrocuted, others died in the panic which ensued. Officials said another 60 people had been injured. The float, one of 16 in the parade, was sponsored by the Haitian hip-hop group Barikad Crew. The victims were taken to the General Hospital in Port au Prince President Michel Martelly gave his condolences to the victims on Twitter….

Read More

La liste des membres du nouveau CEP

CEP

Voici la liste des membres du  nouveau CEP en Haiti : 1.- Ricardo AUGUSTIN :    Conférence Episcopale; 2.-Vijonet DEMERO :     Cultes Réformés; 3.-Yolette MENGUAL :     Secteur Femme; 4.- Jaccéus JOSEPH :    Secteur droits humains; 5.- Lucie Marie Carmelle Paul AUSTIN :    Secteur Université; 6.- Pierre MANIGAT Jr :    Secteur Presse; 7.- Lourdes Edith JOSEPH :    Secteur Syndical; 8.- Néhémie JOSEPH :      Secteur Paysan/Vaudou 9.- Pierre-Louis OPONT :     Secteur Patronal Source: Agencies, Haiti

Read More

Publication de la Liste des Membres du Nouveau Gouvernement en Haiti

Haiti

Le Secrétariat général de la présidence a publié dimanche soir la liste complète des membres qui composent le nouveau gouvernement du Premier ministre Evans Paul. L’investiture sera donnée aux nouveaux ministres et secrétaires d’Etat, ce lundi 19 janvier 2015 à 4hPM, au Palais National. Le Gouvernement est composé des personnalités suivantes: Les Ministres: Le citoyen Yves Germain JOSEPH est nommé Ministre de la Planification et de la Coopération Externe ; Le citoyen Duly BRUTUS est nommé Ministre des Affaires Etrangères et des Cultes ; Le citoyen Pierre Richard CASIMIR est nommé Ministre de la Justice et de la Sécurité Publique…

Read More

Rencontre: Président Martelly et les Sénateurs en fonction!

Carte Haiti, Google

  A l’exception de Wetsner Polycarpe neuf sénateurs ont rencontré le président Martelly. Le farouche opposant au pouvoir Jean-Baptiste Bien-aimé qui s’était toujours opposé à toute rencontre en ce lieu, y était également. Par devant les parlementaires et d’autres politiques, le président de la République a fait état de la conjoncture et a donné au moins deux grandes garanties notamment aux législateurs. La première : Michel Martelly s’est engagé à consulter les  dix (10) sénateurs en poste quand il s’agira pour lui de prendre des grandes décisions. Deuxième garantie : Michel Martelly a rejeté par devant les sénateurs toute idée…

Read More

Cinq ans après le séisme, Haïti se souvient

PHOTO PRÉSIDENCE HAÏTIENNE,TWITTER

CLARENS RENOIS Agence France-Presse PORT-AU-PRINCE Les Haïtiens rendaient hommage lundi aux milliers de victimes du séisme dévastateur de 2010 qui a ravagé le pays le plus pauvre du continent américain, plongé dans une grave crise politique. Cinq ans après la catastrophe qui a fait 300 000 morts et détruit Port-au-Prince, le gouvernement haïtien a décrété la journée du 12 janvier «journée de réflexion et de commémoration», et les drapeaux ont été mis en berne en signe de deuil. Le président Michel Martelly a rendu hommage aux victimes lors d’une cérémonie officielle à la place Saint-Christophe, dans le nord de Port-au-Prince, où…

Read More

Yahoo! Status Checker by Techya